I have created an unpublished LibGuide named "Template." Template has a collection of boxes with system information that you can use in your own guides. Currently there is a chat widget and a "Contact Us" box available(with phone/sms/email info).
Reusing content in LibGuides is easy:
- Choose "Add new Box"
- Select the "Reuse Existing Box" tab at the top of the modal dialog box
- Select the template to reuse (In this case "template" by Ward Smith)
- Select the box to reuse ("Ask a Librarian" or "Contact Us")
- You can rename the box as you want or position it wherever it best fits in your LibGuide
- Please Do not choose the "make a copy of this box" option. This will break the link to the original. If the information changes, you will have to manually correct it.
I will be adding new boxes in the future. A WorldCat search box would seem appropriate, and we could even embed subject terms in the search related to a specific Research Guide. If you have an idea, please contact me. I would prefer to keep the content centralized so that we can all update information when it changes.